Health News For Champlain
Friday, September 21, 2012
Neil Squire Society
Neil Squire Society Accessibility Outreach Program
The goals of the ‘Accessibility Outreach Program’ are to:
Our Outreach Coordinator will be meeting with employers at their convenience to provide them with our ‘Information Toolkit’ and answer questions. This toolkit will be a useful guide for employers looking to improve the accessibility of their business, accommodate an employee, or hire an individual with a disability. The toolkit will also contain information on employing persons with disabilities, disability etiquette, government programs as well as a directory of Employment Agencies in Renfrew County that provide access to a range of services and subsidized programs. We will also be conducting workshops and encourage business owners, managers and human resource representatives to register and attend.
- Meet with employers to discuss the benefits of hiring and accommodating persons with disabilities
- Demonstrate the benefits of increased accessibility and removal of barriers
- Increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities in Renfrew County
- Inform businesses of the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Promote the employer services and employment supports provided by Renfrew County’s Employment Service Agencies
If you are interested in receiving our free Information Toolkit, meeting with our Accessibility Outreach Coordinator or have any questions regarding the project, please do not hesitate to contact:
Adam Lesco, Accessibility Outreach Coordinator
Tuesday-Thursday: 613-735-4586 (O)
Monday-Friday: 613-635-3333 (C)
This project is supported by the Government of Canada, through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario’s (FedDev Ontario) Eastern Ontario Development Program, administered by the Renfrew County Community Futures Development Corporation. Delivered in partnership with the Renfrew County Accessibility Advisory Committee.
© 2013, thehealthline.ca All rights reserved.