Centretown Community Health Centre
Centretown Community Health Centre - Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa (CDEP-O)
Position: Diabetes Nurse Educator, CDEP-O
Working closely with the Diabetes Dietitian Educator, the Nurse is responsible for the delivery and promotion of the Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa in the City of Ottawa. Using a self-management approach, the Nurse provides group and individual education to adults with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, starts them on insulin and assists them with titration. The nurse works collaboratively with CHC and community physicians and endocrinologists especially around insulin initiation and management. In addition, the nurse collaborates with other CCHC teams where appropriate and refers internally and externally as needed.
- Bachelor degree Nursing or equivalent.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum two year experience in diabetes education and management.
- Experience in group facilitation and knowledge of adult education methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
- Experience working in a community setting including outreach activities.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator.
- Experience with insulin initiation and management.
- Membership in the Diabetes Educator Section of Diabetes Canada.
- Ability to communicate in another language (Preference for: Arabic, Chinese, Italian, Somali, Spanish, etc.).
English, written and spoken
French, written and spoken
Salary: $31.507 to $37.961/hour
Terms of Employment: Term, full-time
Deadline for Application: Friday, May 05, 2017
How to Apply:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before May 5, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Term Full-time - Diabetes Nurse Educator”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those to be invited to an interview.
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.
Profession Type: Nurses (NP, RN and RPN)