The Ottawa Hospital, Civic and General Campus
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
The Endoscopy Department at The Ottawa Hospital provides a wide range of clinical services to patients with bowel, stomach, liver, pancreas, and lung related disorders. Services are provided at the Civic & General campuses, to both inpatients and outpatients. Patients come to us for help with a variety of concerns such as constipation, inflammation, bleeding and infection related to abdominal pain, stomach, bowel, liver, pancreas and airway.
Position: Registered Nurse - Endoscopy Candidate Pool
Job ID 60823
An experienced Registered Nurse with a passion for people and a desire to make a difference. The work that you do at The Ottawa Hospital matters because you are key player on a team who is committed to providing each patient with an exceptional experience by demonstrating compassion, respect for all, a collaborative spirit and a commitment to quality.
Sounds like you? Do you have the skills and experience listed below?
Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Recent Endoscopy experience;
- Minimum of two (2) years medical/surgical experience;
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification;
- Intravenous starts experience;
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education and to actively participate in departmental educational activities;
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the nursing process and the ability to apply this process to the practice of nursing;
- Demonstrates effective communications and patient teaching skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as an active member of the health care team and to function effectively without supervision in emergency situations;
- Demonstrates a professional and respectful approach to patients, the public and colleagues;
- Willingness to respond to reassignment to alternate areas requiring assistance in a support role.
You’ll stand out if you have…
- A degree in Nursing;
- Member of the Canadian Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (CSGNA);
- Experience in therapeutic endoscopy;
- Previous experience in emergencies and/or cardiac monitoring experience;
- Physical Assessment Course;
- CGN Certified in Gastroenterology Nursing Canada;
- Proficiency in English and French - oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
Salary: $31.450 - $45.470 / hour
Terms of Employment: Part-time, full-time
Deadline for Application: Monday, March 27, 2017
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your online application, including your CV and cover letter, so that you may be considered for future vacancies.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Profession Type: Nurses (NP, RN and RPN)